Extreme weight gain

edited September 2013 in Second Trimester
I've gained 20 pounds in the last month! My appointment is tomorrow but I would love a warning as to what might be said to me. I haven't eatened any different and my activity has been the same. Think baby is ok? I don't wanna be fat :-S

Comments

• They'll probably give you a bad time, tell you to eat better, exercise more...blah blah blah. I get the same thing every time because I started off over weight. Not like obese but I gained too much with my first, didn't lose it all before getting pregnant again AND I just swell and balloon up when I'm preggo. It sucks. Try not to take it too personal if they give you crap, they're just "doing their job".
  • @frantastic do I have an increased risk for gestational diabetes? I can't even tell where the weight is, I mean my belly is a little bigger, but not 20 pounds!! I'm now at the weight I was the day before I had my 2 yr old :0&
  • I gained 10 one month but somehow I just hit 148 wich its 3 pounds more than my pre pregnancy weight wich was 145 im currently almost 37 weeks!

Have you been eating a lot ?
  • @2girls_2boys no more than normal :/ you're doing great on weight gain!!
  • I feel like I maybe should be gaining more weight in reality I don't have no time to eat I have 3 kids under six to entertain the whole summer I don't have a car so when hb its at work my transportation its walking and I can't have my kids at home all day so I walk !!! And them everything else cook clean take care of them!!!
  • Well if your petite I wouldn't worry about it out could be a lot of water weigh u might not have eaten more but certain foods just fold on to that water like crazy! If your doc never said to watch what you eat I'm sure your fine. If however they told you in the very beginning to try watch it and be careful and you only need to gain certain amount then they might say something. But as far as the gd I wouldn't stress if u didn't have it before u been eating healthy just putting on weight shouldn't do it. I mean I'm gaining weight I'm sure most of us pregnant women do but I'm not worried about that. Just one step at a time. Good luck at your appointment and hope you get only good news!
  • Thanks @jules I'm definitely not petite lol

I guess I thought I started at 180 when I really started at 188, so I've only gained 14 pounds so far. I'm a moron lol
  • I'm 5'6" and was 170lbs with my first and hit 204lbs right before delivery. They said I was borderline GD with my first but I was 36wks when they diagnosed that so I wasn't too worried. This time I started at 180 and at 26wks have only gained 7lbs. I'm trying really hard to stay under 200lbs :(
  • Just work on eating wholesome foods like fresh fruits and veggies. Good fats like avocado etc..you're fine :) I had GD with my second and I'm underweight :/
  • @Kimberly4411 oh well that's good! How far along are you now? It's so weird with my first I was gaining at same rate like if I keep going this way it will be same amount at the end. However with her I didn't really think about and didn't feel different or bigger. This time I still don't feel like I've gained even though I have, but it's like bugging me kinda. Maybe I'm worried second time around it doesn't come off that easy? Or I'm thinking we'll scales says I have but I don't see it..And I started out 10 pounds smaller this time just cause I lost it after my first came off on its own guess. I just keep telling myself I'm supposed to gain we all do and no big deal at all just number I mean I don't see difference who knows where it's going lol!
  • You were 10 pounds lighter after your first?!!!! @jules dang, I'm jealous, I never tried or did anything because I knew I was going to get pregnant semi soon (bad I know) actually thinking about it, 18 pounds stick with me after my daughter! Omg I hate you, I guess I never thought about it, but I was 170 for years before her, now here I am at 203!! Im 24 weeks, this weight is coming off after this baby though, I'm hoping to find a friend to walk and work out with
  • @Kimberly4411 ya I was 90 pounds when got pregnant with my first gained 23 total. Then before got pregnant this time I was 80. I went back to my regular routine that's fun for me I run for fun before it was competitive. And been ballet dancer for 13 years was asked to go pro but not what I want as career just passionate about it. I never cared about losing the weigh but at same time I didn't even get time to think about it I was back to 90 after my first only 8 days after I had her. This time I'm for some reason worried the weight won't just come off cause it's second time around. But part of me doesn't wanna lose it all I was kinda small but looked fine for my hight. It sounds like you are very determined that's great attitude! Lol I'm more lazy this time
  • Pre eclampsia??
  • It's common to have a big jump in weight gain around that time. I remember gaining 7lbs in one month around 24-25wks. I was shocked but it slowed down and I was back to 1-2lbs a month after that. Just eat right and move as much as you can. Even a 20 min walk everyday will help.
  • Im 5ft and i started off at 180 something when i got pregnant and by my due date i was 210