Menstrural cups and cloth pads

Does anyone use either of these or a combination of both? I just ordered a lady cup from amazon and planning on ordering a meluna once they are approved for sale by the fda in the us. I also started looking at cloth pads and am planning on getting some from little bee creations. I have learned quite a bit from doing research and am excited to use them. After sharing some of the info, a coworker of mine is planning on starting her daughter on reusable products as soon as she gets her period.

Comments

• I never heard of that before. Very interesting though.
  • I use the diva cup and reuseable pads.. :) good for you for taking a better approach to your period!
  • @ashley_smashley what reusable pad brand do you recommend? I did a ton of searching on etsy today and have some I want to get and sample.
  • I actually made mine. From old shirts and fabric that is water proof on one side.
  • I am not that handy yet...maybe when I am on summer vacation I will try doing that.
  • @jules you should check it out! My sisters are also looking in to it!
  • I looked it up. I wish I wasn't such clean/germ freak. That's why I can't do clothe diapers I can barely do pads because it grosses me out. That's no way I could look at the cup or have clothe pads. It's great idea I'm sure it's money saver not for me though.
  • For me this is more about leading a more chemical free life. With the cup you dump it with out really seeing the contents. Just sit on the toilet, pull it out, dump, and put back.