I had my baby!

edited January 2014 in Pregnant
My water broke early again (due date was 01/26/14) but I was still determined to have my home birth. I started having blood come out so hubby (who is out of state) asked me to go in and get checked out. So I did. When I got there, contractions were 5 minutes apart and just a tiny bit painful. The doctor ran some tests, and said I came up positive for barbiturates.. I was like WHAT?! So I got really stressed out because I've never done drugs. The doctor said I obviously did since I was positive for it. I had them rerun the test and they had to send it to some other lab so I wouldn't get the results until the next day. I finally ended up just leaving after they said the blood coming out was normal. So I get home and my contractions started getting further and further apart. I did so many things to try and get them to regulate. But no luck. Eventually I started getting a fever and had no choice to go in. This time I went to a better hospital. They tested me for barbiturates and it was negative. I was so relieved. So they started me on some antibiotics, and we waited some more. Eventually they started pitocin and that instantly got my contractions going again. I was on pitocin for 4 minutes and baby was born. I guess I just needed a little extra push. I finally did it without drugs after having drugs with my first 4. We didn't know the gender and ended up having a little baby girl!

Avery Renee
5lbs, 10oz
18.5 inches long
01/03/14

photo image_zps206d96f8.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2014
    photo image_zps14325165.jpg
  • Adorable. I'm sorry your birth plan didn't go the way you want but happy you had a safe birth. And no pain meds way to go your brave.
  • edited January 2014
    Omg congratulations!!!!! She is such a perfect little peanut!!!! And I love her name!! I'm sorry you didn't get your homebirth but I'm glad it still went smoothly and you got to have her without any pain meds!!! ♡♥♡♥♡♥ Enjoy your new little love :X
  • And is it just me or does she look A LOT like Corri?? Lol
  • @debs Thank you! I'm honestly not disappointed in my birth. I learned to finally be a little flexible, and I'm proud of that. :)

@starrxoxo9 each day that passes I think the same thing. Lol. If she ends up having brown eyes, they could be twins. Although I just want one baby with my green eyes. Davey, Destiny and Brianna all have blue. Corri is our oddball so far. Haha.
  • Aww maybe she will have green eyes!! Tessa's eyes teased me and looked grayish blue (mine are blue) for almost a year and a half before they settled on hazel/brown! Lol! How are all the kids adjusting to baby #5???
  • @starrxoxo9 They love her! Davey isn't interested as much but the girls sure are. Corri looks at me weird hen I'm nursing, like I'm gross. Lmao.
  • Aww congrats!!!
  • Congratulations! I'm sorry you couldn't do it at home but sounds like things went pretty well :) hope your having good recovery and getting some rest!
  • Omg hahaha that is too funny!!!
  • She is ADORABLE! congrats! If I ever have a 3rd I don't wanna know the gender till...well the birthday
  • She's so freakin cute!!! Congrats!
  • Wow! Super fast! Congrats. :) Will you have another? Hubby and I both have brown eyes and so far made TWO blue eyes babies. What?! I want some brown eyed babes! ;-)
  • Congratulations! She is gorgeous.
  • Awe congrats!!! She is adorable!
  • Congratulations again!
  • Aww congratulations!!!!! :)
  • She's ADORABLE!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She really is too cute for words. Love you!
  • Congratulations!! She is beautiful :X
  • Thanks everyone! She is such a good baby (never cries). I can absolutely say that having 5 kids isn't as bad as I thought. It's pretty freaking awesome! Lol. She's just adorable!!!
  • Congratulations on your baby girl, we were due 1 day apart I'm due on the 25th of Jan, nothing yet not dilated at all according to my last app, hoping that there is some change on Monday so ready to meet my baby girl. I'm also having baby #5 and wondering how things are going to be especially since I have a 2 and 1 year old but still excited none the less again congrats on your new addition
  • @black_butterfly My two youngest are 1 and 2. They are sooooo good with the baby. I wasn't dilated at all before my water started leaking. When I was about 3cm my water broke completely. I was at home so it was very exciting! How old are your oldest two? Mine are almost 6 and almost 8. :) They love to help out and hold Avery all the time.
  • Awwww so sweet congrats!!!
  • @fate my oldest will be 9 on the 27th and the second oldest just turned 7 the 8th, they are all looking forward to the baby coming, can't wait to see them all together