Prenatal vitamins

edited March 2011 in Health
I Haven't been added to my husband insurance yet and so I'm covered under medicaid for vitamins..problem is I've tried three different kinds and they all make me sick..what prenatal vitamins are some of you women taking that you are satisfied with that doesn't make you sick?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im taking nature valley or w.e from walmart lol its called prenatal vitamins. I take them at night and im fine
  • Okay thank you hun:)
  • I take the one a day prenatal vitamins. They made me sick in the mornings but now that I take them at night I have no problems.
  • I complained to my ob about mine beinf to fishy, he wouldn't write me a diff script. Ugh. He said to get one without dha. But I don't get sick from mine, thet are just gross!
  • You could try Vitafusion chewable prenatals. they're at target for 12
  • Take mine before I go to bed and don't have a problem. I use cvs brand
  • @Firstmama wow thats cheap..some of these pharmacys charge an arm and a leg for vitamins..my doctor gave me samples for one month at the beginning of my pregnancy called prenexa. Of course they were great and then the pharmacy tells me its 70 dollars for a one month supply. Ridiculous, right? I'm currently taking chewables, of course covered under medicaid, and I have to eat two puddings to cover the taste afterwards:( ..I appreciate all the women who responded..and the different available opinions and options.:)
  • I'm taking Nature Made Prenatal Multi + DHA...they don't seem to make me sick
  • I like the vita fusion Gummy prenatal vitamins. Yum, like candy. I got mines at Walmart for $12 a bottle of 90, twice a day. I think Target sells it too.
  • @jcmommy yummy..I love gummys:)
  • we can rly tak flintstones ? they contain iron nd evrything tht we need ??
  • Prefera OB with DHA. Its a gel cap and a tablet set. Covered under insurance (thank god! Otherwise its $160 a month!!!)
  • Vita-fusion are great...but they don't have iron. I still take them, because they are the only ones I can take and not get sick.
  • I can't take the natures valley or anything like that cuz when I was taking a multi when on birth control at 18, I was changing my nephew's diaper and OMG! It smelled just like my vitamins!!! I couldn't do it anymore... T^T luckily prefera ob with dha doesn't have any smell or taste, so it works fabulously.
  • @ mythica $160..phew thats alot!
  • alrighty . thank you so much . I ran out of my prenatal vitamins nd want to get sum more but not any frm the dr . I want sumthing wid taste .
  • @babiphatt86 yeahh, that's why I'm glad sooner care covers it. >_<
  • Obimin multis & solaray plant based dha.
  • I take citranatal assure pack one is a prenatal vitamin the other is a dha capsule they might b a little pricey but they r free with Medicaid
  • I had to break my pills. take half in the morning and half at night it doesn't make you sick but ur still getting all the vitamins just not at once :)
  • Flintstone vitamins have no were close to the vitamins we need. Next time your in the store look on the back and compare them to prenatal vitamins... you'll be surprised.
  • You need to take folic acid pills along with the flinstones. Because that's the main thing we need...and the main thing they lack.(: I had the same problem. All my pv made me puke so I switched.
  • The first 5-6 weeks I was so sick & it was my prenatal vitamins. I've been taking 2 Flintstones a day since December & I am fine. Good luck!!