they can fired you from your work if you are pregnant?

2»

Comments

• They cant fire you for being pregnant. However...they can always find other excuses to fire you. So keep it under wraps if you're worried, and be on your best behavior. Yes you could sue if fired, but its hard to prove, as well as expensive and long to do. Good luck.
  • @4senough thanks for your your kindness. OK I will do that. But I don't see my doctor till April 4 by then I be 3 months pregnant. Where also can I get info. I have a social worker do you think she can help me?
  • @mostephanite thanks for your help I'm going to write them to see what are the possibility of stay or be fired from my Work. Thanks again.
  • @proudmammy you are welcome u asked at the right time lol it was in my week by week book for this weeks chapter
  • Lucky I'm .LOL Thanks again
  • Well I started a job, two wks into workn I found out I was p, and had bad ms, the job required me to work with hospital paper so I was let go ;( but im not so mad cuz ive been sick so bad I couldnt work!
  • Not to good news.yesterday when I pick up my check they ask me to sign a paper about self contractor agreement they said it was a new policy from the job. That agreement its that there not responsible if something happend to me that I'm not entitled to rights or benefits afforded to companys employees including disability or unemployment insurance. Workers compensation medical insurance sick leave. Vacation paid.retirement benefits or any other employees benefits.basically they said a contractor agrees that she or he not and will not become an employee. Partner. Agent joint or any thing related to that .what should I do? Should I sign the contract that's the only way to continue working? I'm a single mother and I don't got any others support. If I loose my job I'm not even going to have to pay my rent.:(
  • I would like them to fire me! Then I would sue for discrimination and roll around in the money and send them a pic of me rolling around in the money. After that I would live happily ever after as a stay at home mom :D not only can they not fire you, but if you can no longer do parts of you job like lifting they have to do proper accomidations. You can ask your doc to write you a note saying u can't lift more then 50 lbs.
  • I would have a lawyer look over the contract and explain the situation. Also see if the state does a medicare program to help you with med bills. Lastly start looking for another job. If they don't support u in the way you need, they are not worth working for.
  • I would find out the exact laws. If it's illegal for a company to ask about pregnancy & kids during interview process then how can they make you agree to no job once pregnant?
  • I don't know why this changes I been working with this company since August and now there coming with this new contract and its for one year. Its hard to find a job when you are pregnant no body wants to hired you when you are expecting. :( I'm so sad all I do its just cry and cry because if feel so lonely with no support at all girls please help me and give me some advice I really need someone to listen to me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am in the same line of work. No they can not fire you, but they can put you on light duty, assistance with lifting (other workers or hoyer lift), or move you to a unit with more indepent patients.
  • I'm a cna and got a Dr note to work. It is ok, they cannot fire u but my job did recently fire me because I had an asthma attack and couldn't call off b4 I went to hospital. Mind u I was with them for a year and never ever had a call off at all. They said it was a no call no show. I applied for unemployment they denied me at 1st but I appealed and won because they were in the wrong. I'm also filing a complaint with dept of labor too!!! I love working but I'm kind of happy cuz I don't have to work too hard while preggo but I'm gonna use this free time and take more classes at school. but anyways go to the dept of labor website and read all of the laws they have. most companies don't expect us to know our rights and will try anything. Hope everything works out!!!!!
  • Hello girls .I been thinking all this days and I'm going to sign the contract and maybe in two months I'm going to let them know at my work that I'm pregnant and all I have to do its just wait and see how are ther going to react. By them at least I have work a few months to save money.because today I discover something that Its been very painful for me my boyfriend my baby's daddy he has a daughter from his first marriage she its already 10 years old and his been separated about 3 years ago but his wife and daughter are in Mexico. But he still have contact with them because he sends money to his daughter to support her in school and things she needs for living well to make it short I check his email and find some messages that kills me don't know what to do I haven't tell him nothing. But I can't.be with. A person thalater.on his going to live me with no compation this really hurt me but don't know what to do.help please
  • Hi hows everyone doing?
  • @proudmammy im ok . tired and got a really bad headache and my sciatic nerve is bugging me . and im also starving but dont have anything to eat . how are you ?
  • @kenziesmom .I'm glad you feeling OK in some words. I'm doing OK too resting now that I'm not working no more .how far are you ? I'm 12 weeks today :)

• Not sure exactly how fmla works but I know u can file for it so if u have to miss work for Dr appt or emergency u are protected. Might be something worth looking into. You should also call the dept of labor they know all the laws and will tell u what is legal and illegal.
  • Thanks for your help @ redhead25
  • I'm working now in a different place .I'm babysitting a 4 year old girl and I feel good. So Thanks friends for all your support.
  • If you meet the criteria...aka been there 12 months and worked 1250 hours in that year. Run do not stop and get your FMLA paperwork from your HR department. You have 12 weeks of job protection that can be take intermittently. Of course this is unpaid but you can take your sick leave pto etc if you have it. This will cover your Dr appointments and any pregnancy related problems you will have. If you have problems and they do fire you
    . You are a protected status. Its violating the new Ada act.
  • My job fired me for being pregnant! I had just found out and I told one person and word got around they fired me that same day and I can't take them to court because it is a right to work state in Nevada so they can fire you for any reason they feel... and for no reason at all. Best of luck!
  • That is employment at will. Most everyone has that. Even though you live in Nevada you are still covered by federal laws
  • I am 16 weeks prego today and I finally got a job...I start next thursday but they do not kno i'm prego...I'm due in October an im so scared they'll fire me once they find out:(