will medicaid make daddy pay...?

2»

Comments

• @may1mommatobe lmfao I did the same thing! Thinkin I was getting over, but my bd is going to sign the birth certificate too, lol. What are we gonna do?
  • My best friend still living with his babymom went and signed up for child support directly after babies born. He said the money is commingle right back to the house so it doesn't matter. What that did do s clear up any confusion when they split and made it easier for him to get visitation.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @beautifulone I dont know I am not going to worry now just wait til the time comes ....F*uck em lol I pay alot of taxes they can help out a little bit I just want to have prenatal care for my baby :-D
  • Every state is diff... in WI the father does have to pay for the birthing expenses unless you tell them you want to pay....
  • Six weeks after we deliver we get kicked off I believe it is. But the baby gets their own Medicaid.:)
  • @may1mommatobe Exactly! I was just talking to my cousin and she said they don't make him pay anything because medicaid is for the woman and child. Wish I figured because the daddy shouldnt have nothin to do with it if a single woman decides she wants to get health insurance funded by the gov't.
  • which I figured* lol
  • Omg reading all this i will never complain about NHS again although all the NHS midwives I've seen are lovely we don't have much to do with docs over here when pregnant
  • edited March 2011
    I was on medical(california) 4yrs ago and I wasn't married but they didn't charge us for anything.. And my sister got on(las vegas) medicad 1 1/2 ago and they didn't pay (she was married and husband just got out of the navy)
  • @may1, hope u don't get caught. I work in Medicaid fraud and we see cases like that all the time. So in the end the only one who gets f*cked is u when your in jail! Hopefully your county doesn't have a fraud dept.!
  • In MO you have to claim all income in your household, even if not married. Its then based off the total household income. If you are not with the father, they will go after him for child support whichcould include medical. Good luck
  • Not if ur with the father in Indiana. The rules keep changing tho. Used to be that they only had to pay for half of what medicade doesn't cover. So u will have to ask a case worker in ur state to b sure
  • I'm glad I live in Tx. Medicaid pays for everything!