prenatal vitamins

edited February 2011 in September 2011
I was wondering what kind of prenatal vitamins are best. My Dr. prescribed Paire-OB with DHA. She didn't ask any questions or even talk about the vitamins, she just prescribed them....apparently they are standard for the office. It makes me nervous that we didn't even discuss them. I am planning on looking for a new Dr., but until then I want to make sure I am taking the proper vitamins.

Comments

• I'm taking the vitamins from my doctor and some extra fish oil and calcium my midwife friend suggested. Oh and I'm drinking pregnancy tea its way good for ya ;)
  • Pregnancy tea? Where do I get that?
  • If your dr. prescribed them....they are probably best lol...they are a prescription not just sone random walmart brand.. just my opinion though
  • Pregnancy tea? I've never heard of it. Where do you get it? I temporarily quit taking the vitamins. I can't hold down any food ( including the vitamins), and it is horrible. I hope that is okay for now.
    Sounds like you have everything worked out with your vitamins! I don't drink milk so calcium sounds like something I should look into.
    Do any of your vitamins make you feel ill?
  • How far along are you? The earlier you take vitamins, the better :/
    Mine don't make me sick, I have ones from gnc. But I've had nearly no nausea :P I also take fish oil 3-4 times a day
  • I had to order it from my local nature store. But at before I found it I just mixed it up myself, if you look online I bet you could find something on it. It has raspberry leaves and some other suff I can't member but its supost to be easyer for you body to take in the vitamins throught the tea
  • I'm 7 weeks and constantly nauseous. It's horrible...I am going to look into the tea and extra vitamins. Maybe between the prenatal and extra vitamins, some will stay in my system! Thanks for the info.
    Oh, is it made by GNC?
  • Ur pnv are the ones I'm takin. I looked them up on the net and there the best. Dha is very good for the babys brain. Maybe u could call or go in to ur dr. Office and ask. Do u really think the dr would give u something that wasn't good for u both?
  • Gnc is no good! Gnc has been in trouble in court for claimsbthey made on there products they sell. I went to gnc to by a coultured bac. That must be in the frigde or it dies. There's was on the shelf at room temp. I couldn't believe it! It was already dead and they were still selling it!
  • You wont find the tea at a gnc, its organic a few different companys make it. I'd go to you local health food store. ... the main ingredient you want is the raspberry leaves ... I drink it all day. I make a pitcher of it add honey and sugar. Mmm I love ice tea ;)
  • I take womens one a day. It comes in a pack with the pink prenatal and a yellow dha pill. I got them at target they also sales them at walmart
  • A lot of prenatal vitamins make women sick. This is my third pregnancy & like the last two my doctor took me off them & said I would be fine taking a childrens vitamin. You could ask your doctor about that.
  • That is a great idea, thank you. Just about everything makes me sick, but I force it down and hope it stays down long enough to absorb! I can't wait for this nauseous feeling and constant vomiting to go away...
    Thank you for the tips! I'm going to try them out and see what happens!
  • I take vitamins made by melaleuca. A lot of those walmart type vitamins don't even make it to be absorbed by your intestines. The ones from the doctor would be better for you. But my pack comes with the vitamin calcium and fish oil.
  • My doctor prescribed me so many brands of prenatal vitamins including over the counter n dea all new me sick so 4r da past 3mnths ive been takn childrens flinestone vitamins. How weird iz dat?
  • Pregnancy tea? I wish I could drink tea but I can't cuz it makes me pee a lot.
  • I was taking the womens one a day but I always threw them up so I've started taking the flinstones gummies they have all the same stuff u just have to take two instead of one
  • I take citranatal assure pack a prenatal vitamin and a dha capsule