have any of you ladies taken the intelligender test?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I just took my intelligender test this morning just before my husband left for work, & I got a very clear boy result. I was wondering, if you've personally taken it, was it accurate for you? We already have two little boys, so we were really hoping for a girl this time. I took this test with my youngest son, it was right for me then. I've seen many claims online that this test is just a ph test? Although intelligender does not reveal it's secret. However, if it is a ph test, & you're suppossed to use your first morning urine which is quite acidic that would result in a boy result. There is no proof to this however seeing as intelligender does not state their method. I've also read that girl readings are more accurate than boy readings, any of you bring proof to this suggestion? Let me know your thoughts please, & thanks.

Comments

• I took it and in less than 30 seconds, it was absolutely a boy which confirmed all I had thought anyway. I just knew it was right because doesn't it say to wait like 10 minutes? It never changed and boy was I excited lol went at 18 weeks and its a girl! I'll be confirmed thurs though. :) congrats regardless.
  • I also took the test and it said boy without a doubt... I had my second ultrasound to confirm it was a girl.. my dr said they get more false positives with boys rather than girls... 16 more days until I meet my little girl now.. congratulations .....
  • Awe really? It says you can take it at 10weeks, so I waited an extra couple weeks to build up more hormones or whatever triggers the reaction. I'm 12weeks this morning, so I obviously won't find out for another few weeks. This pregnancy has felt a little different to me, & after two boys I really wanted a girl so I had my hopes up. Congrats on your pregnancy, you must be so anxious! We're you really sick at the beginning of the pregnancy? I guess it's medically proven also that if you get really sick during your pregnancy it's a girl & the sickness is due to all of the extra girly hormones. With my boys I got nauseous here & there but it was no big deal. I had to switch my vitamin twice this time around because less than an hour after I took them I'd puke them up, which was weird for me. But it was only when I took my vitamins, every womans different though.
  • Don't lose hope hun! I took one with my 14 month old and im 31 weeks pregnant with #2, followed the directions 100%, both said boy. I have a 14 month old who is clearly a girl and 31 weeks pregnant with a 100% girl. Lol :)
  • It says wait 5minutes, I walked out & let it do it's magic, lol. I did read boy results are less accurate than girl results, which seems a little confusing to me because if it's based on hormones you would be producing a whole new hormone inside of you if it was in fact a boy. However if it is ph & you are using your first morning urine that usally tends to be quite acidic that could give a false boy reading. Either way I will love my baby, & I'm super excited, I just really have my fingers crossed for a girl so I'm hoping this test failed me this time.
  • Awe, yay! I folloed the directions 100% too, it's actually really simple to do. I haven't lost all hope yet, I just feel like that's my luck to have another boy at this point lol. Both me & my husband really want a girl, we can't even agree on a boy name! If by chance we luck out & get our little girl, she will be Annelise Danielle. :)
  • That's a beautiful name!!! I hope you get your little girl hun!! :D
  • Thank you! & congrats on your little girls! :)
  • Every one told me it will say boy and somewhere it says its just for fun. Well mine said boy and according to the u/s its one but we don't give up hope until birth for a girl. Have 2 boys as well
  • Really? Almost everyone I know who's had a baby got very sick with their daughters, unfortunately I don't know many who have boys so I don't really have anyone to compare to lol. All I know is that this time around I have felt different in odd but noticible ways compared to my other pregnancies. I never got sick with my previous pregnancies & they were all healthy minus the preterm problems that surfaced. Pregnancy is definitely different for everyone though. I'm sorry to hear about your hyperemisis, my friend had that as well & it nearly set her into slight preterm labor. :/ I hope you get whatever you are hoping for!
  • edited April 2011
    Thank you hun! :) and to comment about morning sickness, I've never had it with either of my girls, I consider myself very lucky! Lol but my sister in law was very sick with her little girl.
  • It does say just for fun, & not to make any nursery decisions based on the results. So I do know that it is not 100% but seeing that it was right for my youngest son I figured why not try it again. I am high risk so I should hopefully know for sure before the baby is born whether it is a boy or girl. A girl would be so exciting though, it would be great to have some new experiences.
  • You're welcome! & yay, all of these comments are making me feel a little bit better. Like I said, everyone got sick, except for one of my friends lol. But seeing as I never got sick with my boys & a little sick this time, I'm hoping that maybe I'm just one of those lucky girls who doesn't get too sick. Either way we will love it, it's just hard to have something set in your mind & figure out otherwise.

Besides the intelligender test I have done numerous things to find out what I am having & most others point to girl. Old wives tales are a mixture of girl symptoms & boy symptoms, not very reliable. I've looked at the chinese gender chart but every website says to use it a different way so I'm not sure which is correct, so I used a couple of online gender predictors, 2 out of 3 said girl. I even tested out all of my pregnant friends to see the accuracy of the online gender predictor & 8 out of 11 girls were correct so that was exciting. I also did the baking soda gender test, which was inconclusive for me. You take a tsp of baking soda & add some urine to it, if it fizzes it's a boy, if not it's a girl. Well, mine showed a couple bubbles that rose from the bottom, but no fizzing that I could really distinguish. & lastly I did the red cabbage test, where you cut a red cabbage in half, then cut that half into small pieces & add it to 2cups of boiling water for ten minutes. Then you use the water that comes from the boiled cabbage & mix equal parts of that with urine, if it stays purple it's suppossed to be a girl & if it turns pink or red it's a boy. The first time I did this test it was inconclusive because it was a midpurplish color with a tint of pink, so I tried it again & again & every time after it stayed a dark purple color. My mind is everywhere with this pregnancy lol. I am so anxious, I just want to know now!
  • Mine was right u have to follow the directions ...boy
  • It was wrong for me ,it said boy and 2 ultrasounds show, she's a girl! And about the morning sickness, I was sick with my boy, but not with my 2girls! I think it depends on each persons body :)
  • Oh and I for sure followed directions, I wasn't about to waste 30$ lol :)
  • I did follow the directions... I read the directions before I did anything, then after each step I would read the next & so on til I was finished. Mine turned to a very dark green color, so it was a very clear reaction.
  • Seeing all of these comments definitely proves that there is a high rate of faulty boy results. & yes every person definitely does handle pregnancy differently, which could mean each person reacts differently to each gender as well. & I agree 100% I was not going to mess up the test with my $30 investment lol, even though I know that it's not 100% effective & just for fun.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awe, I hope your pregnancy eases up on you sometime soon! I am 12 weeks & already have a belly as well, I started to show around 7weeks, but you grow faster after each pregnancy. To me my belly seems higher than previously, but everyone still tells me it's really low, but it's all up front lol so I can't go by the old wives tales for my belly. I go for an ultrasound on Thrusday with a genetic counselor because one of my sons was born with a defect. I am only 12weeks, & I know the babys genitals are still very small at this point but if a dr takes a look sometimes they can tell you if they see a nub or not so I'm hoping the drs nice lol.
  • We still got a few weeks to go :/ eep longest wait ever lol. I've known I was pregnant since the day I missed my period.
  • The gave you a pt for chest pains? Lol. Idr why I even took a test, I was just really tired for about a week, so I took one. Same thing happened with my last pregnancy, although I hadn't had any symptoms when I found out then. I guess I just have pregnancy intuition lol but I guess I don't have mothers intuition on fetal gender.