Smokeing spice?????

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I hav a friend due a month and a day b4 me and has been smoking weed do to anxitey but has now found spice do u guys think its a better choice ???? ONLY ANSWER IF U KNOW WHAT SPICE IS

Comments

• edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm sure its not a better choice. It's man made so it has different chemicals in it.
  • Any smoking is bad for baby. And God only knows what kinda chemicals are in spice. Its certainly not natural....
  • When youre pregnant NEITHER are a better choice. Stopping is the best choice.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    It's a synthetic marijuana..... I spent the night in the hospital with my boyfriend after I came home to him unconscious on the living room floor after a seizure and convulsing. It's not stuff to mess with, and not worth the $20 a gram in trade for a trip for the hospital. Google side effects or horror stories, kids have KILLED themselves because they can't stop the panic attacks.
  • Wow and I thought I knew everything I am dying to know what is spice?
  • No spice is not ok. Weed is 100% safee expecially if she vaporizes it. But tell her to stay away from spice not safe for the baby at all.
  • any smoking while pregnant may not be good, but spice is horrible for you. It has put non pregnant people in the hospital and is filled with harshsubstances that are not good for baby. As for weed, well, I smoked with my first all the way through because otherwise I wouldn't eat and my midwife at the time told me to smoke weed as long as I wasn't mass amounts everyday.(and my dauyghter is smart as all get out and has even skipped a grade in school!) This was eight years ago and now your friend should make sure that she is careful because if she gets drug tested she will have cps at her house and if she tests positive at the hospital they will take the baby. She needs to quit about 90 days before the baby is born to make sure it clears out of her system. Just a forewarning
  • No that's worse health wise than weed
  • The DEA put an emergency ban on it on March 1, 2001 actually..
    Five chemical compounds -- JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47, 497, and cannabicylohexanol -- are now illegal to possess or sell without a special DEA license.

• All I know is... the spice must flow!

Sorry. Bad time for a Dune reference.

Unless you're a Dune fan. Then there's never a bad time for a Dune reference.

Seriously, though, I had never heard of the stuff. Closest to fake or weed substitute I knew of would be salvia.
  • Yes...... I know that. Stick to the herbs man.... mary j all the way.
  • She is due in july she doesnt want to smoke weed she has a canabis card since its for her anxiety so no they couldnt take her daughter away she though spice would b better since it has no thc but thanks u guys ill let her to shes better off stickin to the real stuff
  • edited April 2011
    Having a cannabis card means nothing. She's still potentially and intentionally endangering a child and c.p.s. will still get involved. People switch medications all the time when they get pregnant the same is expected for medical marijuana.
  • She has a four yr old and they did nothing because her anxitey is so bad that weed and zanex only help they perferr her to smoke rather than take pills
  • edited April 2011
    @rose_town_mommy
    OMG "spice " is so bad for you even if your not pregnant, all it is a chemical sprayed on various weeds.People have have over dosed from smoking spice no one has ever overdosed smoking weed.Spice has been banned in many country's and if it's not banned yet in every state in the US it soon will be soon. My boyfriend has a medical MJ card but before he got it he smoked spice thinking it was OK cause. it was legal. It made him extremely stupid and spacy and lazy and when he quit he had withdrawal symptoms for about two weeks puking sleeplessness headache....that stuff is just bad news stay natural and legal! Also I'm pretty sure it's illegal to prescribe Med mj to a pregnant woman. Sacrificeing drinking, smoking anything , and dangerous perscriptons for 9 months is so worth it to bring a healthy human into this world :)
  • Well a kid here died from spice. There ate doctors here that will give anyone a cannabis card. Weed has very harsh stuff in it. The only reason you really don't hear people dying from it is cause a lot of them smoke so when cancer happens they blame tobacco. Just cause something is natural doesn't make it right. Cocaine is natural. So she needs to talk to her Dr about it. Better safe than sorry. I have a friend that suffers from many disorders and severe anxiety is one and she was on a certain Med when prego