BACTRIM WHILE PREGNANT?! HELP!

edited April 2011 in Health
Okay so I was recently in the hosp. For an UTI!! Was there for 2 days! They prescribed me macrobids in combination With bactrim. The macrobid I've had b4 and am fairly comfortable takin bbut I'm scared the bactrim will hurt my growing baby!?! HELP!

Comments

• I have never heard of it. They put me on Keflex for a UTI.
  • @hurstk28
    I don't even kno I've ask my ob she said it was fine but there are alot of risks with that antibiotic.I'm jst scared for my lil 1.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks so much @mama_kat! I def. Will thing is my ob doesn't open again until Monday. But I can always call the hoso. Right? Lol I've jst been on so much meds like the macrobid twice b4 that it can't b safe to continue. Takin these meds.
  • Check ur insurance web site. They may have a nurse line that you can call an ask.
  • @Chuchie_Pie: did the hospital not call your ob when you were admitted? That surprises me. Definitely call your dr office and see if they have a doctor or nurse oncall. Or even talk to the pharmacist.
  • Not all doctors at the er know what they are doing when it comes to pregnant women. I was prescribed ampicillan for a kidney infection at the er my first pregnancy, when I went to my actual doctor a couple days latwr he prescribed keflex and said that ampicillan is only good for very minor infections like a sinus infection. I would call if you are concerned. Some doctors are dumb.
  • I've talked to my ob n she suggestd that it shuld b ok its dangerous to the baby after week 3 4 which I'm only in 22. It jst concerns me because I dnt want anything to happen to my baby due to misdiagnose of the infectiin in turn harmingmy kid causung fetaltoxicty or anything else. Things happens n dooctors are not always right.
  • I was prescribed the same thing for a uti a little over a month ago from the er. I called my dr. before I took them and he said it was ok. On the 2nd day of taking the I started to get really light headed and dizzy and sick to my stomach. Called dr. and he said it was prob the bactrim. He said to try to get through the next day of pills and to stop taking them. He said as long as I got 6 doses in me that should take care of infection. I did that and haven't had any problems since.
  • Take canberry pills every day. Im very prone to utis and don't want to deal with that through out my pregnancy.
  • Thanks!!! Soooo much guys! It feels good to have so many of u care!. I checked wit my dr n pharmacist seems ok to take. Fingers crossed though.