question for all my short MOMMAs..

edited July 2011 in Petite Mommies
just came from my DR appt and she told me if my baby is over 8lbs close to birth then i will have to have a C-Section..this isnt her first time telling me this..i dont consider myself short, i'm 5'3 but she said because of my height more than likely i wont be able to have him vaginally.

my question is..were any of you ladies sucessful with a vaginal birth having a baby 8lbs or over? And how tall are you?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had a c-section and she was 6 lbs 5.9oz... but she was stubborn and wouldnt drop... we both went into fetal/maternal distress... (2hrs of hard labor.. pushing) I am 4'8"...
  • @angieahrens yeah it sucks..i'm kinda worried..my mom is way shorter than me and had to have both me and my sister by C-section because of her height..
  • @lilbit01_209 aww..so they let you attempt to have her vaginally? i want to at least attempt..btw, did you just have her?
  • I'm 5'2 and my doctor still has not told me the weight of my baby. I see him tomorrow, I'll have to ask him about this. :/
  • BUT I findnow that they were rushing me through everything and I was not ready to push... so thats a lot of it... Im sure that you can do it.....
  • @monkey_girl thanks..that was like the first thing she told me when i first met her..and then today i brought it up..and she explained further..i'm only 20w4d so i know i shouldnt be worrying so much now..
  • @firsttimer No she is 5 years old now... and I went in for normal vaginal but it didnt work that way... My boy here (27 weeks along) is gonna be an attempt at a VBAC...
  • @lilbit01_209 dang..thanks i really dont want a csection..too much healing time.

@angieahrens same here..i know my Dr said something about small pelvic area..but once she mentioned csection i tuned her out.
  • @mama0811 YES!!!! there is HOPE!!!!! you're awesome!
  • @angieahrens I dont know about that... what I meant was she was face up trying to come out, doc turned her face down but as soon as I stopped contracting she would flip back over and pull back in and did it a few times... So I meant dropping into the birth canal... She still is super stubborn... :D Im sure you have time for your little one to drop... she was a due date baby!!
  • Im a lil under 5'3 small framed and my last baby was almost 9 lbs my dr didnt say anything of the sort and.my first child was almost 8lbs.. And it doesnt.have.anything to do with ur weight but the size of ur pelvis.. Wtf id be pist and get a second oppinion.. Not to mention my mom had an almost 11lber and shes shorter than me.. I would research ur dr. and h/her csev rate.. As well as the hospital rate.. Im sorry but thats just not a valid reaSon to me..
  • @lilbit01_209 cool..i know you can do it..you seem like a trooper!

@FirstTimeMommyToBe i'm not trying to scare you..lol my DR could be wrong..idk!
  • My friend had a 9 lb baby at 13 and she is only 4'9 so its all about your body. Not totally your height. I mean if your like 3'1 I'm guessing you can't push a baby out but it could be possible. Talk to your Dr about your concerns and if you really want to so vaginally and your Dr wont let you, try foe another Dr.
  • @firsttimer I wouldnt if you dont think you need too... it sucks... Make a deal wirh your doc to try to do a vaginal first... then consider a c-section...
  • @firsttimer Wow! Now I'm really worried, I'm 33 weeks tomorrow. Definitely going to have a little chat with him. I'm sure you'll be fine. :)
  • @myasmommy2009 you're right..i know it has to do with your pelvic area..but my dr never mentioned it..maybe she's just trying to scare me.

@lilbit01_209 i'm gonna definitely try!!

@monkey_girl dont be scared..all DR are different..
  • @firsttimer I think I am more determined this time too... My way not thiers!! Lol.... just remember your body will tell you... they told me I needed pitocin, they convinced me I needed the epi, they told me when to push which I feel now led me into the c-section... Not once did I choose really. Thats not happening this time...
  • I'm 5'4" my first was 8 pounds 6 oz I was in labor for 19 hours and pushed for 30 minutes but it was successful although she did get stuck at the shoulders and because of it she tore me a little
  • @Mommy_of_two OMG..you give me HOPE!! lol
  • @lilbit01_209 uhh..see thats not what i want..i dont want them to force anything on me..i want to cherish it..not be rushed..some hospitals are crazy!

@vayanna yay!! i'm not really concerned much with the tearing..i rather have that than a big open womb..and not be able to take care of the baby you know?
  • @firsttimer I was younger... my mom has actally never given birth (us kids are adopted or from marriage) so she didnt know either... (Shes been through multiple deliever with friends but not her baby/grandbaby)
  • @firsttimer I know what you mean my doctor told me the same thing he said it was because my abdominal cavity won't be able to hold more than 8lbs for 2 reasons I have no waist my rib bones and hip bones damn near touch and that with her being my first my organs and Wat not are going to be more resistant to change