Horrible pelvic pain should I be induced at 38 weeks?

edited February 2011 in Third Trimester
Hi I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and having horrible pelvic pressure n pain. I run after a 5 n 3yr old every day. It hurts to walk or do anything at all. Ive been getting hard braxton hicks every single day n was wondering if I should go ahead n ask to be induced at 38 weeks? Thanks!

Comments

• I'm right there with ya! I'm 30weeks and have a 5 n almost 3 year old. Plus I work on my feet 30hrs a week. Totaly exausted and having lots of contractions. I would say no to being induced though. My opinion, but its a harder way to go. Forces you body into contractions. And the pitocen makes them harder, longer, and closer together. Which puts a lot more stress on the baby. especialy since your body takes a while to catch up. Its almost always longer and harder when induced. Im guessing this one is going to come early on its own seeing how i'm feeling. And those last few weeks give her a lil more weight she needs to make it out here. It sucks, but its only a couple more weeks. Down to days now!! Good luck either way :) Sooo close now!
  • edited February 2011
    Mine are 5 and 2 and Im still early and tired and in pain. But You should relax and try to wait it out. Get help wit kids so you can be on some type of bedrest. My doctor wouldnt induce me a 40 weeks, he made me go til 41, and finally i went into labor. Just be patient. ITs not very comfortable but better to overcook baby then under. lie down with plenty of soft stuff, pillows, liquids and snacks. practice breathing to help with pain.
  • Wut does the doc say about how ur feeling? 38 weeks is safe, and its entirely up to you if you wanna ask. But either way telling them how u feel n Wut ur going Thru will help.
  • I am the same way but I think its cuz I am carrying twins
  • @sariemama3 she said she would induce me anytime after the 37 week mark. I'm leaning toward getting induced because my hubby has to go out of town alot coming up n he doesn't wasnt to miss his first boy being born. Even standing doing dishes causes horrible pain. It's like hes riiight there going to pop out! :( I'm just miserable. My last baby, a girl was almost 9lbs n dr said my boy is measuring big too! I just can't take much more.
  • @baby_girls hats off to you!!!! :)) I couldn't imagine carrying more than one!!
  • Sorry, that smiley came out wrong lol I meant ^:)^
  • Ya and my daughter just turned one lol
  • @baby_gurls whoaaaaaaaaa!!!! Thats alot to handle!!!
  • Id say go ahead n ask
  • iI kno how that feels my 1st was 9 lbs 11 ounces very big! he was 2 wks over his due date n I was too scared to ask for induction n finally she induced anyway. even her nurse was surprised she had let me go for so long after my date. it really sucked that last month everything I did was so uncomfortable
  • @sariemama3 jeez!!!! :-t thats awful! I was overdue 2 weeks with my first lil girl but it was bearable. This pain isn't. I'm even getting pain in my upper inside thighs when I walk :/
  • U poor girl! Yea I would ask. Pregnancy should be a good or if not good at least bearable experience to make caring for ur newbie that much more enjoyable when its over. I bet it kinda feels like giving in or somethin when its u asking n not the Dr but she wouldn't have given u the open option right away if she didn't agree that it was a good
  • or acceptable option for u
  • @sariemama3 I finally had my appt yesterday n the dr said she will induce me march 16th if I dont go before then! :)) I'm so excited!!! I honestly dont think I will make it till then though cause the braxton hicks are getting stronger every day! Is tgat a sign???
  • U kno wut I never had braxton hicks. Weird? But I'm sure there has to be some effect on ur uterus just like walking a lot or orgasm could have to send u into labor. Good luck girly! I hope u have a smooth and happy birth! Wishing u the best. I can't wait but I gotta long way to go til Sept
  • @sariemama3 I've heard that the bh contractions help dilate your cervix? I'm really hoping they do anyways! :) Lol! My first two pregnancies, both girls, weren't that bad, but this lil man has thrown me for a loop! Only good thing was no morning sickness. Is this your first?? And thank you very much!! :))
  • Wrong.smiley lol :)
  • Ya, the braxton Hicks are real contractions, they are just lighter practice contractions. Everyone had them but like me first timers often have no Idea. As they get harder and more frequent they turn into "real" contractions. Which becomes labor. Mine are already getting pretty crazy. Im only 30weeks, so im trying to take it easy; not so easy with a 5 and 3 year old. So I hear ya. I actually tried googleing pressure points that cause labor, and can't say if its worked but after doing them for about an hr, I woke up the next morning in labor! So sounds like your body is pretty darn ready. Im sure he or she will be here soon!! Good luck!
  • edited February 2011
    @JessLang Oh no. My 3rd as well. 6yr old boy n 3 yr old girl. Hoping for a boy this time tho, I don't think my babygirl could handle another little diva lol
  • lol I was kinda hoping for a boy as well, just cuz I wanted my princess to be the only princess. So maybe its a good thing this is a girl. They can balance each other out!! lol Im excited for the sister thing, I only had brothers :P
  • My sister went 2o the physio and he manipulated her back she went into labor hrs later at 37weeks
  • ya, you can try chiropractic or message! Or heck sex if your not to soar!! lol the sperm softens the uterus wall and stimulates labor. Plus the contracting from the act :P
  • @saiemama3, @Kmose77, @bummy87 I'm hoping I go soon! My two girls are total opposite, one is a princess diva n the other is laid back n doesn't care lol I'm going to try heavy cleaning today n see if it does anything :)) I would rather go into labor before my sisters come to town. Its my last labor n my only boy. I dont want any drama or ppl trying to make it about them.
  • So did it work?? Keep us posted! I Did two days worth of yard work while trying to get my baby girl out!! Didn't seem to work. Ended up having sex twice lol then did the pressure points.. Guess maybe everything together worked lol I hear ya on wanted to have it befor your sisters come!! I try to only have my husband around. My mom is over emotional, my mother in law is WAY to overbearing!! My mom is close, and my mother in law wanted to fly up right when she's born. My loving husband said, why don't you wait till she's a couple months old, and my wife has to go back work?? haha love him :)
  • My doctor told me if i make it to 39 weeks she is going to induce since this is my 5th. They can't induce me any earlier per hospital policy.
  • @kmose77 nothing has worked so far! :/ lol I really think I won't make it to march 16th though!! The contractions are getting stronger every day n the pelvic pressure is horrible!!!! Idk what to do about it!! :(
  • @hurstk28 good luck!!!! They will do it here anytime after 37 weeks :) when are you due???
  • I am due May 22
  • All I can say is deal with it I'm 36 weeks and have had horrible pelvic pressure and pain since 27 weeks and I chase a4 and 2 yr old around everyday but it is usuallt best to let baby come on its own