Noone believes me when I say I'm pregnant

edited July 2011 in Pregnant
I'm five months along and unless I'm wearing super tight clothes I don't even look pregnant. I tell people and they look at me like I'm crazy especially when I say I'm five months already. I'm afraid I'm not gaining enough weight. But I'm a very small person. I'm 5'5" and last dr appt I only weighed 118 I've only gained two pounds since pre preggo. I'm high risk too due to rh-and previous mc. I'm worried that by not being very big that my baby isn't growing properly and it hurts my feelings when people look at me like I'm crazy when I say yeah I'm five months along. Anyone else have a small bump?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im starting to show more and more but everyone is different, and you could be carrying in ur back more. As long as your doctors arnt worried i wouldnt be :) Hope you start to feel better.
  • I'm small n I'm 6mos but one day my belly just grew...it was freaky n I'm sure it'll happen to you too then you'll wish u stayed small
  • With my first born, you could not even tell I was pregnant at 5months. Stomach had only a bit of a pudge but nothing noticeable. Everyone is different.
  • Thank you guys I'm super over paranoid and just want everything to be ok with my little boy. He's my miracle :X
  • I didn't show with my first till 8.5m even then people believe I was just about due
  • With my second I didn't show until I was 7 months every pregnancy is different im on my fourth and started about 5 months don't worry alot of woman don't show for awhile
  • Have you ladies felt your baby kick yet? I can't tell if my baby is moving or what
  • Oh and ive gained 8 pounds since my 1st appointment, im 22+1 but it really makes me sad gaining because i wasnt at a health weight before i got pregnant. was 144 now 152 :( but its all for my son!
  • I started feeling my lil boy at 18 weeks, but at first i couldnt tell if it was him or gas lol. But if your carrying in ur back i might not feel him as much
  • @alwayzbeenurz2008 I'm just worried that I'm not going to gain enough weight because I really just don't eat that much when I was younger I struggled with anorexia but now its just like I don't get hungry very often and when I do I take like three bites and I'm full. I try to force myself to eat even if I'm not hungry so that I'm not depriving my baby. And I make sure to take my prenatal too or else I freak out because I don't think my food intake is enough for the baby
  • My back does hurt alot but I also have a cracked coxic and three shifted vertebra and then on topp of that I have size 32h chest so I never know what is causing my back pain. I hope I'm not carrying in the back il never survive lol
  • Is this your first
  • @beaded_bunny was your baby small when born? I hope I don't wait that long to show but I also don't want to be huge.
  • @vayana I had one mc at four months years ago but didn't even know I was pg til I started losing it dr said I would never get pg again so when this happened I was in disbelief and am hoping my baby makes it ft dr said that if I ever get pg again it may not make it so in answer lol yes first one and most likely only.
  • Your stomach muscles are still very firm so it will take you longer to show as long as your doctor says baby is good size don't stress about it k especially since you have already had a mc.....
  • Yeah he hasn't said anything about the size but he did say the placenta was a little low at the last sonogram could that have something to do with not showing as much? praying it moves up!
  • Im 32+2 and i've only gained 3lbs. At 31 weeks baby girl measured 4lbs 5oz and has big fat cheeks! Ur dr will tell u if u aren't gaining enough.
  • Colt was 7.65 at birth
  • If you add me on face book you can look at my pregnancy pix my most recent one i took at 36 weeks and i dont look any where near there... You can look me up my name is reanna wood... Oh and @booface is a tiny bump buddy too
  • This is my second baby and I'm the same way. If I don't dress in skin tight clothes you can't tell and when I do show people my bare belly all they say is wow ur tiny! I'm 21w3days . As long as the Dr says ur fine then I'm sure ur just carrying small. I wish my belly was bigger but its not :(
  • Nobody believes me, either! I'm almost 7 months and still can't figure out where he's hiding in there. I cried before my 19 week ultrasound because I thought sure they'd tell me he disappeared, but he was there! @Junebuggbabie85 I started feeling movement about 21 weeks with an anterior placenta, and ever since then he moves all day every day. :-) I don't know why, but some babies can be perfect and never show!

If the link works, my 26 week photo on Shutterfly:
    http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0CcMWjRm4ZMn9g

Click here to view these pictures larger

• Couldn't tell I was pregnant until 7-8 months. I lost 30 pounds in the first 5 months due to extreme morning sickness-no nausea medicine helped. But now I have a very present bump, still small considering I'm due tomorrow but the doctors all say he's a perfectly healthy baby boy :)

Don't worry sugar, people are just jealous cause your a teeny preggo and not huge! Haha that's what my docs always told me :P
  • edited July 2011
    Yes I am 21 wks n hardly. A bump not noticable n the least bit but my mom said she didn't get big w/ me or my brothers so I dk but doctor hasn't said nething to me about. My weight so im guessin im okay :-bd
  • Thanks ladies I'm glad to know I am not alone. Hope you have an easy and safe labor @jessica_clayton
  • My mom didn't show with me until she was 8 months
  • I'm 18 weeks today, 5'5" and 118lbs :) we sound alike! I've been showing a little more...maybe due to eating big meals these days haha but there's no profound bump....:( I want my bump ughhh