question for all my short MOMMAs..

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Also I think my daughter though caused me to have spd this time around.......
  • edited July 2011
    @mama0811 thank you..i know i can do it..just dont want anyone telling me otherwise.

@lilbit01_209 yeah i understand..i hope you're able to do the whole VBAC thing!
  • I'm 5'0 and my last was almost 8 pounds,I didn't have to have a c-section...my doctor is expecting my son to be over 9 pounds this time(the boys in my husbands family were all 10+ pounds) he.won't make me have a c-section unless I absolutely have to.
  • @vayanna glad you were about to prove him wrong!..and what is SPD if you dont mind me asking?

@Mommy_of_two i heard a lot of ladies saying the visit a chiropractor..i'm thinking about going to see one myself..

• @sdubois thats great!! 9lbs aww...thats great..i love chubby cute babies..lol
  • Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) is most commonly associated with pregnancy and childbirth. It is a condition that causes excessive movement of the pubic symphysis, either anterior or lateral, as well as associated pain, possibly because of a misalignment of the pelvis. SPD is a dysfunction that is associated with pelvic girdle pain and the names are often used interchangeably. It is thought to affect up to one in four pregnant women to varying degrees, with 7% of sufferers continuing to experience serious symptoms postpartum.[1][2] Although the condition was recognised by Hippocrates, incidences of SPD appear to have increased in recent years; it is unclear whether this is because the average maternal age is increasing, or because the condition is being diagnosed more frequently.
  • It is very painful there are times I can't even get out of bed its to the point I actually throw all my pillows on the floor I have like 8 of them next to the bed and roll on top of them and get up that way cause my bed is two feet from the floor maybe even three
  • iit also makes it impossible to walk around the house even up and down stairs
  • @Mommy_of_two thanks i'm gonna look for one today!

@vayanna i'm so sorry..i hope everything is okay..and i'm gonna pray for you..because it seems like its really hard on you..and God can heal!
  • @mommy_of_two i agree with her go see a chiropractor they can help a lot with preventing it for subsequent pregnancy
  • umm im 5 1/2 and my baby was 9Ibs 6oz & 21 in long!!!

So i do not agree!!! A woman's body is made for this and i dont understand what your height has to do with this? I would get a 2nd opinion if u can or u gta put your foot down and tell ur dr u will not get a c section if it isnt medically necessary......smh at some drs they will do whatever is easier or more costly just to get their $!
    I speak from experience when it comes to that but i wouldnt let him say that to you! Unless u have spinal or pelvic issues than he shouldnt say this to u!
  • Height should have nothing to do with it. I've heard of women having to have a csection because their frame is petite and therfore their uterus (or maybe its the birth canal) is small.
  • @Mamato2boys yes that could be true..

@mommys1stbundle that could've been what she was trying to say..but she just said because of my height..but i was told before i have a small uterus..so idk..its confusing!
  • Wish I did viginal delivery! I'm 5" only was in labor for 2 days and ended with csection. Now with this baby doc says csection is my only choice.
  • Im 5'1 & my dr let me push a 8lb 14oz baby & im sure ths 1 is big too so I guess it depebds on your hospital & your body
  • My cousin is 5'2" and pushed out a 9lb baby
  • I'm 5'0" and my doctor hasn't even mentioned C-Section to me.
  • edited July 2011
    I'm 5'3 and my youngest daughter was 8lbs 9oz and I had her vaginally. I didn't rip or anything, but I did with my oldest daughter who only weighed 6lbs 15oz :/
  • I'm 5 foot and my son was 8lbs 15 oz. I had him vaginally with no problems at all.
  • Hecks naw I've never heard of cesarean cause of height! Wth...sounds like u need a second opinion! ! Sounds like unnecessary surgery to me!
    My friend is like 5'3" and she had a 9lb baby, vaginally. Hmm I will as her what her exact height is and see what her dr said. And another think I don't docs are accurate knowing what baby weight is before birth. I think its just an estimate. They told me my daughter was gonna be 7something and she was only six lbs.
  • edited July 2011
    Thanks ladies..I'm gonna refuse a c-sextion..I will only get it if I can't have him vaginally!
  • I am 5'3 and my daughter was 8lbs 5oz and I weighed 90 lbs b4 pregnant and 120 the day b4 I had her I was in labor 1 hr and 24 min she ripped me very bad but I did it...lol
  • I'm 5ft had a 7lb 4oz, 20 1/2 inch boy! The dr was surprised but I did it.. my sister is also 5ft had a 8 lb 4 oz boy vaginally! You can do it!.. my husband was a 10lb 4oz baby and he's 6ft tall lol I'm scared but I doubt my baby girl will be more than 8 lbs :)
  • I hope thats not true because I am 5'3 and dont want a c section
  • I'm 5'1 n had my son vaginally he was 9lbs 7oz 22in
  • I'm sorry, but what does a woman's height have to do with pushing a baby out?