Bi-racial baby question (mongolian spot and eye color)

edited August 2011 in Babies
My daughter is 5 days old. And is half white, half black. I have yet to find her mongolian spot, my question is, do ALL mixed babies have the spots?
And then also, she has brown chocolate colored eyes, yet all white babies have blue eyes, does she not get blue eyes cuz she is mixed? I'm just curious.........

Comments

• not all white babies have blue eyes
  • No all get mongolian spots! My daughter has a big one one her butt!!
  • Not all babies have blue eyes also not all babies get the spots. She's also a little young it might show up later.
  • No no all*** and no not all white babies have blue eye.
  • No not all*** sorry my damn phone auto corrects
  • lol well you dont have to be mixed to get mongolian spots... its just extra pigment and her eye color is still gonna come in shes only 5 days old so theres no telling what its going to be but if you see brown they might stay that color or might lighten up
  • @cmarie324xo when born all caucasion babies do have blue eyes.
  • then i guess my step daughter must not be white because she was not born with blue eyes
  • @cmarie324xo I retract my statment lol. Almost always are caucasion babies born with blue eyes.....I didn't mean to be rude either I truley thought all white babies had blue eyes, my other two are full caucasion and they had blue eyes......
  • What is a Mongolian spot?? Never heard of it. My daughter didn't have any weird spots.
  • Its like a blue mark....its usually on their butt, but I heard it can be on their forhead to. I was told to find it and make the pediatriation aware of it, so they didn't think it was a bruise. @one5one
  • My son is half white and half Laotian and he never had blue eyes but does have Mongolian spots on his lower back/ butt area.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh that's interesting. Nobody ever mentioned it before or has since. My first is 11yrs old & this one is 9 wks from her due date. Their dad is my hub who's black.
  • Do African American babies get it?
  • @prayin4agurl my assumption was it was just bi-racial babies. @one5one sooo then maybe not ALL mixed babies get it then. Idk these things lol.
  • @FirstTimeMommyToBe see that's what I was wondering, some bi-racial ppl/babies have green eyes, or hazel so I jsut didn't know. I think the spots jus t look like bruises from whyat I've seen or heard.
  • When my 3 year old was born he had a big blue spot between his butt right where his butt crack start. But its not there any more.
  • @BlessedMom_2x my niece had one on her butt, and it honestly looked like she got beat and it was a huge bruise, my momma told her to make her ped aware that it was a "spot" and not a bruise, idk......
  • No guess not.
  • My sister is white her husband is from Ghana Africa. All 3 of their kids have mongolian marks on their butts and all 3 were born with brown eyes that stayed brown
  • @mama_underpants I have ten mixed nieces and nephews none of them have colored eyes (most likely because eye color comes from fathers side) and monoglian spot aren't a mixed bby thing my kids are 100% black and they had it...and maybe 4 out of 10 of my nieces and nephews had it!
  • @2boiz__1gurl that's why u asked do black kids get it cause my baby had it between his butt
  • edited August 2011
    My kids had mongolian marks on the top of their butt towards the lower back... They are mixed with black but I'm told most asians have those...my mom and aunts said all us cousins had them and we are all mixed asians too lol
  • @blessedmom_2x I'm 3/4 asian and I have freckles on my face lol