very itchy down there, wth!

edited August 2011 in Health
For a while now ive been very itchy down there. It isnt a yeast infection because the docs said I have a uti, and been taking prescribtion that doesnt cause yeast infection. I have 2 days left of the pills. However, its itchy inside the lips and when I give in to scratch I get like a waxy residue on my fingers. (i know sounds so nasty, I hate living like this) Is it noraml to feel itchy like this????

Comments

• I've been feeling itchy like this too since yesterday! Ugh! I've even been using cream and its still so itchy and irritating!
  • @mommy_2 i know how that feels! Ive been using vagisil cream around the itchiness. Only at night cause thats when it seems to flare up. Except for right now ugh!! And in the middle of night it itches again and I have to put more on. I kinda given up because its not working.
  • @lalalorree Ikr! All last night everytime I got up to pee I put some on n it doesn't seem to b working at all! Ugh, this only happens to me when I'm pregnant.. idk what's going on but I hope someone can help us cuz its irritating as hell!
  • @mommy_2 I do.agree!! I know for a fact it isnt an infection. Are you expeirencing alot of discharge too lately? How far along are you?
  • I'm 31+2 and yes lots of discharge from it... but I kno its not an infection either because I had an appointment yesterday n everything was fine... I just want it to go away, makes me feel yucky. Also I haven't had any sex in like 2weeks, so I just don't know what's going on..
  • @mommy_2 ugh I want sex so bad too, but im scared its gonna make it worse or that he will get.grossed out about the white waxy.stuff hanging around my lips. Ive hd alot of discharge too after losing pieces of my plug. It kinda looks like milk. I read online that bathing in baking soda will relieve some itch for now. Im actually gonna try it and see if it works.
  • Well it wouldn't hurt to try! Lol, I might try it as well! My Guy wanted sex last night but luckily the both of us fell asleep waiting for our 2.5 yr old to go to sleep! Lol though I gotta feeling he wouldn't have minded getting a bj instead, which is what's on the menu tonight if I don't get this under control by the time he gets off!
  • @mommy_2 lmao! Oh man we are both living the same life right now! My bf came home from wrk last night and wanted sex, I literally was scared so I just gave him a bj even though he wanted me. He has no idea what im going through cause im embarrsed to tell him whats up. Im currently waiting for the tub to fil up and hoping for the best, and also not gonna wear any underwear for the rest of the day!!
  • Try changing soap...I was using a body wash (used almost the whole bottle!) and out of NOWHERE I started getting really itchy! I switched to dove and haven't had any problems since! (Oh I also was getting itchy from the pantyliners I was using) Good luck!
  • Try making sure you're washing ALL the soap off your girly bits. There was one time when I was using Summers Eve Intimate Wash and I guess I didn't rinse it off well enough... cuz I got to work and had to leave due to how itchy it was! I swear, I almost cried from the itching. It was as bad as a yeast infection, if not worse. Got home, took a shower, rinsed SUPER well, and bam! No more itch.
  • Thanks @Mythica and @ethansmommy122 I will gladly switch soaps, maybe a non scented one or just body wash! Im willing to do everything I can!
  • My doc suggested dove bar soap or the neutrogena bar (the orange one) or maybe even that summers Eve wash..hope it works for u hun!
  • Do you use baby wipes to clean yourself? I do and my girl is so fresh clean and happy lmbo! I use ones with out alcohol and fragrance... Worth a try!
  • @Chevygirl ive been thinking bout using wipes but was scared theyd rash me up even more. Today the itchyness has gotten out of control I really feel like crying.
  • My doctor has me using sensitive skin dove on my lady parts. I had a yeast infection (ouuuuuch), used the meds, and then started using the dove. Vajayjay good as new lol! The cream from the yeast infection was topical as well so I'd rub a little of that on to sooth the itch. But ever since I've been using the dove I've felt tons better!
  • @TishJ330 what kind of creM have you been using? Ive been using vagasil anti itch external cream and its not working at all. I know it cant be a yeast infection cause ive been on antibiotics for a week now! Its driving me insane I dont know how to stop the itch.
  • Well according to my doctor, the antibiotics can CAUSE a yeast infection! Aargh! She called in a prescription called terconazole because she said the OTC stuff might irritate my cervix. It was an applicator full at bedtime for 3 days and topically as needed. I washed with the sensitive skin dove before application. After I was done with treatment, I continued using the soap down there. Worlds better!
  • @TishJ330 im on the biotics called macrobid, and I asked them before taking if it will cause a yeast infection and he tols me no. Unless he was lying just to shut me up lol. Ill drive the soap and wipes and see what happens.
  • I don't know then. I'd definitely try the soap though. I've never used the wipes, but it might be worth a try.