I'm in this alone.

edited August 2011 in Single moms
I'm 24 yrs old with baby #1. I been knowing my ex for a couple of years now. But we only dated for a couple of months. We realized how different we are together. So we moved on. I got pregnant in January. He asked if she was his, I said "Of course". Now he haven't done S*** 4 me at all. He gets attitudes if I ask for help. Like putting up the crib for me. Which he didn't do or pay for. I asked him could he buy her stroller. Guess who paid 4 it? Me. This what I don't understand. He says I don't have no right not to allow him in the hospital room when I'm giving birth to her. I don't think thats fair at all. I been doing everything alone without him. What should I do?

Comments

• If you don't want him in the room then he doesn't get to be in the room. Its 100% your choice! The nurses and staff will keep him out if you say to.
  • Continue to do everythin on ur own unfortunately. If he comes around he comes around but until then I wouldn't have him n the room at app's an I definitely wouldn't give the baby his name. I'm goin thro the same thing an until my ex makes an effort I'm on my own. Jus cuz he deposited his sperm dont make him a father an dont automatically give him "rights".
  • Don't let that ass in you delivery room! Tell him he hasn't done shit and don't deserve it! And you got us preglies at least! We love ya :)
  • Its like I don't know what to do. Because I was raised without knowing my father. I don't want her to go through the same thing. Its like a cycle that just can't be broken.
  • I forgot my mother text him two weeks ago. Saying that she wanted to have a talk with him. Everything was fine for 2 days. Next thing u know same shit but a different day.
  • I understand that but u can't force him to b a dad. Wat if he is jus as unreliable w when she is born as he is now? If he wants to b a father by all means let him b he may change once she gets here but until he shows u he is all n or all out u need b careful.
  • Since is another thing that I don't understand. He has 3 other kids. 2 of which I don't believe is his. But He pays child support for them. He is 36 years old still playing games. I haven't talked to him at all. I don't want to either. He don't even call to check up on me. But I hope I'm strong enough not to allow this boy in the room with me.
  • I mean this is another thing that I don't understand.
  • It may take awhile but u will b strong enough. How far along r u?
  • Don't feel bad for not letting him inthe room.... I am in the exact situation as you except my ex moved to arizona a week before I found out I was pregnant. He has yet to pay for anything I've done everything on my own and he will not be on my sons birth certificate and I don't feel bad for him one bit.
  • Oh yeah my ex also does thw whole play daddy when he wants to be thing too... and that's not fair to you. You can't play mommy when you feel like it. You'll be there all the time. Not when its convient for you.
  • @ JsMyOnlyLove I'm 31 weeks pregnant. @michaela My mother will make sure he don't come in the room. I guess I have no choice but to put my last name on my daughter B.C. I have to be strong for her. How far along are u?
  • I will be 31 weeks on tues. And yes you do and as far as it sounds you are being strong for your little girl :) keep your head up and think about that baby growing in you. I know its hard but really really try not to stress about it. I went in to labor 3 times now once at 26 weeks 28 weeks and 30 weeks. They stopped it everytime but is could be stress related so try and take it easy.
  • edited August 2011
    Just make sure you keep all the receipts so when he wants to be a daddy to his baby you can be like here I'd like half back thanks
  • Bd left us high and dry with nothing and goes around denying the baby at our job and hasn't bought anything for the baby. But expects to be there when baby is born. Im not telling him when im in labor or having a c section or whatever happens.
  • @Michaela I had to go to the hospital due to being stressed out about a month ago. I called him to tell him that. Guess what he did went right back to sleep. I'm so over it now. Thank u so much for ur advice. I hope u the best in ur pregnancy. @ Excitedtobe I have every receipt for his ass. LOL. If he wants to be a father to her. He have to pay me first. @Steph_Due. I'm going to do the same thing. I'm not going to call him at all when I go into labor. Its his fault that he wasn't there from the beginning.
  • Don't let him be in there. If he gets an attitude then he doesn't need to see her born. Wow. What an a hole.
  • I have the best BD ever. SMH. He's such a dick. I hope that bitch falls off.
  • Tell him to step up or step out!
  • whoaa i thought i was the only one wit a bum ass babydaddy lol im 19 pregnant wit my first he had me believein we was gonna do this together but we broke up an he got a new gf an he just totally changed on me now ion think he wants shit ta do wit our daughter im 32 weeks an still dont have anything fa her my boss cuts my hours like crazy an i cant tell u how many times i thought about adoption ughh i cry everytime i think about it...i just don think i can do it anymore
  • When u have this baby its all a out what you want. Ur number one baby number two. Do what u want or need and tell the father to piss off. I told my husband if u looks at my vadge I am kicking him out and he knows I will. Its all up to u and honestly y let him in there?! He hasn't done anything to help u. I let my daughters dad in with me n regret it every day that I did
  • @BaltimoreNewmommy my bd did something similar. I was in the hospital once due to vaginal bleeding after a car accident. He lived on the same block as the hospital (walks past it every time he goes to work) and wouldn't come. Told me to keep him posted smh. I doubt he'll even be there for our son's birth in a few weeks. In fact we had an earthquake earlier this week and he didn't even call to see if everything was okay. and just like @dominican213, he has a new gf who thinks she can talk shit to me bcuz she's his gf smh, dumb bitch. its like ur arguing with me bcuz I'm trying to get my childs father to do the right thing for his baby?? as of now we don't speak but i will be suing him for child support. So all I can say is get that paperwork ready ladies. we didn't make these babies by ourselves
  • lol hell yea child support it is!