Pelvic sharp shooting pains

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I was going to post this yesterday but didn't have time...but I was getting these sharp shooting "lightening bolt pains" down in my pelvic area. It started as I was getting up from the toilet lol...everytime I would take a step I would get a sharp pain, I literally was walking like a grandma. It lasted for a few minutes then kind of stopped and would only come back as I was walking but not with every step like it was earlier...is this normal? Is this how it feels when he is dropping? Is labor coming? Lol, I'm a FTM so I have NO idea! Please help :)

I'm 36 weeks today BTW

Comments

• I'm 36 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling this all week. Can't wait for an answer!
  • @1sttymemommi I hope we get an answer soon! :)
  • @2ndbutfirst Sciatica in the vag? Dang! I was hoping it had somethingto do with baby getting ready to make an entrance :(
  • @2ndbutfirst the thing is that when I was getting the pain i could also feel him moving down really low, so I thought maybe he was putting pressure on a nerve with his head.

@1sttymemommi Lol, I was hoping the same thing! :(
  • I've been getting those too along with stabbing pain in my vagina once in a while, I mentioned it to my doctor and he said it was normal because baby is moving down gradually... But I hope this means were close too;)
  • I'm 36 weeks & have had those sharp jolting pains randomly for the past month. The Dr said it was just the baby putting pressure on things down there as he gets lower. He said things are stretching & adjusting. Nothing to be concerned about unless u have signs of pre term labor. Inn a FTM too:) good luck!
  • @Rodeoqueen13 Thank you! :) I had mentioned it to my doc before and he did say the same thing but I was just a little worried since it was literally every step I took!
  • edited September 2011
    Welcome to the "baby dropped" club..lmao I walk like a dam viejita all the time now...and it hurts soooooo bad when I stand up or while walking.
  • @JuliansMommy Lol, this club isn't so much fun! [-( I'm confused though because I don't feel too much pressure down there so I really didn't think he dropped but doesn't the fact that she could feel his head when she did my cervix check mean that he was dropped :/
  • edited September 2011
    Lmao!! No, its not fun at all and it inly gets worse, at least yours didn't drop at 32 weeks like mine I've been suffering since then. Yes, that means he dropped at least that's what my dr told me when I went in she felt his head and said yes he has dropped.
  • I've been having it. Told my doc it was like a lightening bolt through my bag and cervix. He said it was nerves from the babies position. She could shift a little and I get one shooting through me.
  • @ExcitedForOctober
    I have been dropping lower in the last few weeks too, even though I don't 'look it'. I don't feel a ton of pressure either, but dr says baby's head is in good position, so I guess we're good & just going to have to live with the
  • *lightning bolts* :)
  • Im 32 weeks & get those uqhh it hurts soo bad ilthat I cannot walk