Squats?

edited September 2011 in Labor
I heard doing squats can help with dialation and stuff. When doing squats, is there a certain amount of time you should stay squated or do you do them at a normal pace? I've been having contractions but they cause no dialation. Please help. Im ready for this baby to come.

Comments

• Good question! I did some squats today hoping it'd cause some pains/contractions/BH/anything really and it didn't do anything but make my knees hurt. Maybe I wasn't doing it right, so hopefully someone can answer your question for both of us.
  • Wow ladys idk how u can do them. I have to much presure with pain heard they wrk gd luck
  • @Roxy It definitely wasn't comfortable for me. I've been having extreme pain in my pelvis area like someone kicked me right in the va-jay-jay... but I'm ready for this baby to get here!
  • How long r u
  • @Roxy I'm 36w3d. I'm still a little early, but doctor says anytime she comes now is fine due to me having gestational diabetes and swelling issues. If she doesn't come in about 2 weeks we will have to induce.
  • I don't know how you do it girlie! I get down ok but then can't get back up lol!!
  • I do them on sets of ten through out the day. And when ever I pick something uo ill do one and then ill randomly squat and hold it for a minute or two before getting back up
  • @1stwoodsbaby were the same im due oct 21
  • So i didn't do any squats but i was having some contractions last night before going to sleep and i just woke up to a ton of pain in my belly that won't go away. It just feels really sore but not sure if im feeling any contractions cause its so much pain.