personal but can it be a yeast infection?

edited November 2011 in Health
It's itchy, somewhat dry, a little cracked it seems like, and its irritated and red. Its all on the outside of my vagina. I have a history of both uti and yeast infections. I take birth control. It cant be an std because I'm positive my husband has no time to cheat. He works with his mom so I know his schedule. I'm also no longer pregnant. I had my baby 2 months ago. So what could it be?

Comments

• Possibly I've never had one here is a bump
  • Any itch or discharge?
  • I had a uti after labour then a yeast infection. It could be an infection, sounds like what I had.
  • Sounds like a yeast infection. I get one everytime I have to rake antibiotics.
  • Yes its itchy.
  • Yea yeast infections definantly itch !
  • Yeah it would be really itchy if it was a yeast infection. I usually itch like mad, My scent changes, and I get weird discharge. Kind of white? Id at least get it looked at. :)
  • @0utlaw_Sphinx I'm getting it looked at Monday. that was the only opening they had.
  • It sounds like one id go get monostat
  • It sounds like cellulitis. Not to be up in your personal business but do you shave down there? I got it from shaving. I still shave but im more careful now, i guess i got it from cutting myself from not being able to see down there cause of my baby bump and i cut myself so bacteria got in the cut and made cellulitis. My syptoms were a very intense raw feeling, red and itchy also on the outer labia. I took Diflucan and it went away. Hope this helps! @xFirstTimeMomx
  • @JessAnnEngland that is likely too! I didn't even think of that. My mother constantly got cellulitis in her legs from shaving. She had to eventually stop altogether. I'm so careful shaving now its ridiculous and now I have to do it by feel because I can't see a thing!
  • @Outlaw_Sphinx ohh my I didnt even know you could get it on your legs, that sounds painful :( And I totally know where youre coming from, I shave by feel too and it takes forever lol.
  • @JessAnnEngland yes I do. I have an apt mon. Can they tell me its cellulititis.?
  • @xFirstTimeMomx That sounds like it then. Oh yeah, theyll be able to tell you, I had to give a urine sample & they said my urine contained white blood cells which meant I was fighting an infection and I was checked so thats what you could expect. I thought for sure it was yeast so I guess theyre alot alike. The raw feeling is def Cellulitis though. They put me on Clindamicin (sp?) Which is Keflex antibiotic and it was a 40 pill treatment. I took most of it but couldnt take the rest cause I kept burping up the horrible after taste of them but it did clear up. Good luck girl!
  • Could be Vaginosis...which is a bacterial infection...Similar symptoms as yeast...but dont self diagnose...wait til you see your dr...I'm sure your mega uncomfortable...Hang in there
  • @PROUD_MOMMY it is uncomfortable alls I want to do is itch.
  • It sounds like a yeast infection. The last one I got I felt like I wanted to rip it off, it itched so bad (sorry tmi) It was swollen too, and burned because I was always scratching it. I think it was the discharge that was causing it tho. Would this be your first one? If it is you have to see your dr so they can diagnose you. If it isnt your first then I would just get an over the counter kit and take care of it. If the symptoms are still there atleast you can tell your dr that youre sure its not a yi.
  • @JessAnnEngland yes you can! My mother has diabetic neuropathy so its always an issue for her because she cannot feel if she gets cuts or punctures on her extremities nor can she feel the symptoms of infection. In the two yrs she lived with me she got cellulitis at least 5 times!
  • @Outlaw_Sphinx wow that sounds so unfortunate, Im sorry! :/ Ive had it once and it was horrible so I couldnt imagine more than once let alone 5!
  • @BabyBubba123111 no I have had them in the past.