Lo with fever/runny nose *UPDATE SO F'ING IRATE!!!!*

edited May 2012 in Babies Health
My son has a fever, I can tell just by feeling him because he's hot..only problem is I lost the damn thermometer!!! I gave him some pedia care about an hour ago, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

His nose is also really runny..but he refuses to let me use the nose sucker..so it's just running down his face :/

I'm going to give him a tepid bath to see if he cools down..if he doesn't I'm going to have to hit up Walmart, and buy a new thermometer..it's 3am here..not what I expected I'd be doing at this time :(

*UPDATE*

So we took our son to his pedi at 10:30am, and his temp was 104 at the office...so he got some Motrin, and it went down...well his pedi suggested finger prick to test his blood, and a catheter which I refused...I told her I'd rather have the bag put on him...well..this idiot nurses aide comes in and FORCIBLY RETRACTS HIS FORESKIN!!!!! wtf!!! I told her twice to stop, but she kept on doing it. I got to the point to where I started crying I was so angry...then she had the audacity to tell me 'you have to pull it back or he'll get sick' are you fucking serious lady?! So now everyone he pees he starts screaming and it sounds like he's in serious pain because the Bitch ripped the skin away from his penis..I even saw a drop or two of blood afterwards...I'm so posses..I'm never taking him back there again!!!!

Comments

• His temp is 100.4...I ended up finding the thermometer..it was hiding! Even the bottom of his feet feel super hot :(
  • Look up sock treatments. That should help some.
  • It's a mild fever try putting him in his diaper do you have a humidifier or however you spell it? For now all you can do is try to suck it out bc if you give him warm soup to loosen his mucus it might make his fever escalate good luck hub i hope his fever breaks real soon!
  • @salasmommy we cosleep so he's always in his diaper. Yep I bought a cool most one before when he,was sick, but doesn't seem to be helping. I guess he feels a little better..he wanted to nurse then cuddled up next to me and fell asleep. I think now is when I need to use the nose sucker so he doesn't kick me in the stomach again!
  • My son is the same exact way, but he's been crying and waking every few hours.he's seven months
  • @bahamamama4828 @salasmommy @jess510 @cupcake22 well he went to sleep for 2hrs, and he woke my bf up he was so hot :( took his temp and it was 102.6..gave him more pedia care, and waiting for his peds office to open...it's 6:30am here..I'm so tired! :((
  • My son has had it for 3 days... first night his fever was 101.4 he has a runny nose and coughs sometime.... i gave him tylenol first day every 6 hrs for the fever. He is happy during the day, but bad at night.... probably ause he gets more congested.while lying down. Just make sure his temp isnt too high, and that he doesnt get dehydrated.... and in a few more days it will pass!
  • @babyhope7 does his fever drop and then a few hours later go back to being high?
  • Don't be worried till its 104.5
  • Update at top ^^^^^
  • Omg!! I'm so sorry! :( poor baby. I hope he feels better! I find it sad that a medical professional needs educating on foreskin!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My nursing instructor even said we have to retract the skin. I told hee that it is no longer recommended, but she argued. This is what us nurses are being taught! Ridiculous!
  • Also, she had the legal obligation to stop if you said no!
  • I had problems with this. My son was having difficulty breathing his whole mouth and around it was blue well they did that and i was pissed I started yelling at the lady because she started laughing when my husband and i were crying. They did it twice with no luck and when she tried to do it again I grabbed her hand and threw it off my baby I said I want another nurse in here an experienced one not some wanna be ganster unprofessional bitch. She rolled her eyes and called another one the nicu one she did it one try no problem he didn't even scream I complained to the main board her Ass is still to this day doing check Ins at the er
  • The resin why I called her that is bc she had the three dots on her wrist stands for "vida loca" and two names on the top of her hand where her wrist is at..ugh I get pissed just to think about her again -_______-
  • @bahamamama4828 right?! What are they teaching peds?! I feel so sad for other babies that have to be seen by her. The irony of it all was she gave my bf a paper on how to care for an intact penis, yet she was going against what it said!!

@homebirthadvocate if I wasn't pregnant she would of had a whole world of shit happen to her!!

@captivated they argued with me too...and pretty much told me I wasn't taking care of it properly, and if I didn't start pulling it back it would create problems for him later in life.
  • @salasmommy I'm sorry the same thing happened to your son too! You would think if the parent was telling you to stop they would, but not the idiots they are teaching now a days. He won't even eat..I feel like it's from that bitch traumatizing him. :((
  • Poor baby! I cant believe that nurse! Youd think peds nurses would be good with kids and gentle.
  • Take him to the emergency room to have him get looked at. Tell them the Pediatric Nurse Aide forced his foreskin back after you said no, and you think he's hurt now.
  • You seriously need to file a complaint with the hospital director. No means NO! Regardless of her ideologies, she needs to respect the parents wishes. She's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I'm so sorry for you and your LO! =0(
  • Jake was like that and it lasted about a week he would cry out if no where they are in pain afterwards I did a lot of skin to skin contact to help him feel safe. I would sing to him and just hold him most of the time everytime he peed he screamed :(
  • Sorry you had to deal with that...was having the same problem with naliyahs fever this past week...took her to the er today and they diagnosed her with bronchitis and gave her penicillin hope your little bit feels better
  • @cristinalynn @mijita my bf wants to sure them. Not only was it the nurses aid, but the pediatrician did it, and another pediatrician did it too even after I told them NO! I took a picture of the top of his foreskin and it's so red and I can see so many years in it, atleast 6!

@bahamamama4828 @homebirthadvocate he's not eating, and I'm scared he's going to get dehydrated..do you know any way I can get him to eat..I don't want to have to take him to the er for an IV.
  • Coconut water! And what hba said!
  • @homebirthadvocate I just gave him ibuprofen via syringe, and he tried to fight me, but he takes the breast with no problem, he's just not peeing a lot I've noticed now, but he is peeing, but not as much as he normally does.