medical people, i need help please!!!

I'm getting an Iud in tomorrow, and was given two tablets for vaginal insertion to soften my cervix. But I don't understand how exactly...sorry if tmi, but...how far up there? And the Dr said one, two if I'm not feeling too crampy...can I take a bath after having them?? I thought the info sheet would explain, but as I looked closer...nope!! Please advise, I'm stressing out!
Thanks in.advance.

Comments

• Maybe @homebirthadvocate or @captivated ?? You guys are pretty knowledgeable...
  • Just put it all the way in there and put like a liner on in case. Because it pretty much melts and some will come down looking like mucus. And don't take bath while it's there it won't work as well. If I was yo would put it in right before bed that way your just laying down.
  • Okay thanks @jules just reach on up there??
  • Yep the further the better lol
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks @jules do you know how long apart I should put them in? My appointment is at 9:45 am, and it says 6-12 hours...so I was gonna do one around ten, but I doubt ill be awake much longer after that.

I'm so nervous its not even funny......
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I say wait a good hour to make sure u can handle another one since they told u it can cause cramping.
  • Thanks @homebirthadvocate I'm just scared of screwing it up! And of pain...and of ectopic pregnancies. I'm just nervous.

@jules you rock. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to me!
  • Thanks that's sweet. And anytime. I'm sure your worried but it will be ok good luck tom.
  • I am worried, mostly about the chance of ectopic pregnancy. They said to test right away if I'm late...but I've never been regular...so I'm hoping it regulates me in the first few months or I'm going to have to take it out... It seems there's no perfect bc for me/us...I'd love for my man to be snipped but they won't do it for us...@jules. Sorry for venting, don't really have anyone I can talk to about this stuff
  • Lol some men will. Marquis told me that Whenever I give him the word he will have it done :)... He said well u already go through all the other stuff plus he heard it wasn't as painful and long of a process for the guy. All I said was ok and he was right. Lol if his offering I'm not going to say no..
  • Haha Naw my man would do it, but he's not certain he'd do it now, might want more kids. But it doesn't matter, drs won't do it till were over 27 years old or 25 y o with multiple children. Which...were not lol
  • Well he should do it later. Were not doing it anytime soon either but we're thinking ahead :) hehe..
  • @jules haha ya, I guess we are too. I dunno, my pregnancy and recovery are still wayyyy to fresh in my mind. I love my daughter, and I'd love for her to not be an only child, but I so don't want to do this all again haha. That's good that your man is open to the idea of it though!!
  • Just read this post and thought I would let you know that some iuds can make your period disappear... I have the mirena and only get periods when I'm really sick with a cough so for me that's twice in the last 10 months... so for me a lack of period wouldn't be an indication of possible pregnancy. Goodluck xox
  • Thanks I'm glad his open to the idea as well. I wouldn't mind going through the process again but I have had it easy. But financially it's not best right now.
  • @tinka1326 yay finally someone who is in the same boat as me...so how do you make sure you're not pregnant then?? Do you test frequently or anything??

@Jules I'm glad you had an easy one. And I hear you on the financial side. Kids are expensive!! Lol
  • Yes they are lol but worth it. I'm trying you be funny here so don't have it wrong. But I'm adopted and my parents had to have second loan in the house to pay for it so obviously "I'm worth ever penny" still paying and didn't get send back!
  • I did test a bit in the beginning but I'm in Australia and the cheapest test is about $8 so it gets expensive real fast lol. Now I'm used to it I don't even think about it. Getting 'pregnancy' symptoms is common on the mirena because of the hormones. Sometimes I get sore boobs and back/tummy ache. I got super evil bad morning sickness with my pregnancies so now that I'm used to it that would be the only symptom I would bother testing because of.
    But if you are worried stock up on some cheap tests and test once a month to put your mind at ease.
    I love my mirena!! I won't be having any more children so the risks involved with it don't bother me... if it moves or something great... maybe a surgeon will just go in and remove all my plumbing so I never have to worry about it again lol