1yr Old waking up MULTIPLE times a night...WHY?!!

edited October 2012 in Babies
He started doing this maybe 2 weeks ago where he wakes up 2-3x a night, stands up in his crib, whines, sometimes cries. It is driving us bonkers!!!! What we have been doing is laying him back down and sometimes he goes back to sleep within minutes but other times he will stand right back up, if he wont go back to sleep what we do is give him about 2oz of water and that will make him fall asleep, but I don't understand WHY he is waking up?!? ~X(

Please help! Looking for any advice.....

Comments

• My daughter wakes up when she's hungry. She don't go that crazy but she tosses and turns and moans and cries them i get her a bottle and she stops.
  • @mommylovessparkle but how many times does she wake up? ...I just dont want to give him a bottle everytime he wakes up because he will never get used to sleeping through the night that way! :(
  • My son has been waking up screaming every night for about a month now. He's 14 months old. It's driving me crazy. He stays up for 1-2 hours! I don't
  • Omg my 1 year old wont sleep at all! She wont nap, or go to bed at night amd once she does fall alseep she's up several times, it started a couple days ago and she's just exhausted. She wakes up with goop in her eyes, i'm hoping she isn't getting sick, sorry, no help here
  • @lilpeapod913 atleast I am not alone!!! I think we are going to start ignoring him, although I dont think I could handle 1-2 hours!
  • @kimberly4411 Aww I hope she is not getting sick. My little guy is always congested at night and at first I thought it was that but I really don't think so.
  • edited October 2012
    Sidney was doing that for a while... But she just had 2 molars pop out. Since they poked through a few days ago,.she is only waking up once a night like normal. She had never really slept through the night though. Anyways.... Maybe its a molar or two coming in. :)
  • @stillsurprised- @juliansmommy just mentioned that too! I will have to check tonight to see if his molars are coming in...IF he will let me!
  • I make my hubby stick his fingers in her mouth. They are like twice the size of mine and she doesn't bite him.... She always bites me lol. Actually he checks by making her laugh really hard and then she opens her mouth wide. :)
  • Jacks been doing this but we found out he has ear infections and they won't clear up
  • Lauren slept through the night most nights until 3 months ago. Now age wakes up 3 times a night too. Screaming and yelling.:( her first tooth just came in , but she's still doing it.:( I may have to quit school because of it. She's also one.
  • my son started this 3 days ago and now he sick and mommy and daddy is sick too
  • She wakes up once, or twice. Try feeding him some baby cereal and a bottle before bed ?
  • Have they mentioned tubes @sands3
  • @0811 they said if this antibiotic doesn't work, they will try a series of shots. If that doesn't work, we will meet with the ent to discuss tubes
  • Hmm, ok i was just wondering because my lo has had an ear infection they sent us to ent now were going for tubes nov 16 they never did shots??? She will be 15mos tmrw
  • @0811 Jack will be 1 tomorrow. I guess they wasn't to try everything possible before taking drastic measures. I'm all for anything that will make him better. I hate seeing him in pain and screaming all night.
  • I totally agree!! We tried and tried with no success, but good luck to baby Jack!!!
  • And u!!
  • @sands3 poor baby :( ...what symptoms was he having?

@mommylovessparkle I'm trying the cereal tonight, thanks!
  • @ExcitedForOctober just up all night screaming and watery gooey eyes
  • @sands3 I would have never thought ear infection...my lo has been having a stuffy nose for over a month now and its starting to really worry me but his doctor brushed it off.
  • @ExcitedForOctober I would have never thought ear infection either. He never had a fever and never tugged on his ears. I only took him in the first time because he was up all night screaming. I knew something was wrong. The second time his eyes were gooey and his nose was really runny. He was drooling a ton too. This time I took him because he was screaming all night and that's the only time he does that