Spending the night

edited May 2013 in Babies
Madison (19m) is supposed to be spending the night with her grandma on Tuesday. Hubby is out of town for the week and I wanted an evening to myself. However, I don't think I can go through with it, Madison has only spent the night away from me once when she was 2 months with her great grandma. I was telling my mom (her grandma) my fears and that Madison hasn't been sleeping well at night, she said "I wouldn't know if she woke up or not, she'll be fine" uhh what?!? No no ma'm I'm not gonna let me child spend the night when you won't go get her if she needs. Now she's booty hurt I'm not letting her stay the night. Ugh, I should've just asked her great grandma to.
The reason Madison spent the night with great grandma when she was 2 months was because she told me that one sleepless night wouldn't kill her and she'd stay up all night with her if she had too.
Am I being crazy? Do I need to just get over it??

Comments

• You're not being crazy at all. When my mom would baby sit her granddaughter(my niece), she would put her to sleep in bed with her so that she could be there if for whatever reason my niece would wake up in the middle of the night. My niece is now 5 years old and my mom still does the same thing to this day.

I would react the same way you did any day.
  • @perly thank you! That's amazingly sweet of your mom, I know that Madison would wake up at 6:45 and have to "chill" in her playpen until my mom decided to wake up
  • Yeah, i think you're right. I wouldn't be comfortable knowing my kid is awake all alone in the middle of the night while grandma sleeps lol.
  • The way I see it, is my parents having my daughter, while nice for me, is a privilege For them. Therefore, its on my terms. If you're not willing to do things my way, then that's fine. No hurt on my end, but I'm not compromising my parenting.
  • I wouldn't let someone watch my kids that weren't willing to get up with them. My parents and my in laws keep my boys overnight often because i trust them to get up if they need something. Your not crazy at all!
  • @natashalynn very valid point!! I'm gonna copy and paste that lol
    @sands3 you have great parents and in laws! I'm jealous, I'd love a chance to sleep in but not at my baby's sake
  • That's just crazy how was she when u were a baby let u cry all night I wouldn't leave my baby if I was told that either my mom lets my baby sleep on bed with her . But u do deserve a night to urself
  • I wouldn't do it either I think your right. And if my daughter had to spend the night which she will but in our home when this baby comes I know my parents will get up no matter what and they always do whatever I normally do with her they are very respectful to our routine with her which all should be unless we're harming our own child of course. But to maybe make things better I would just say it's not just that its just also not good time bc she's been having hard time sleeping. That way she doesn't take it too personal.
  • @2lilblessings my grandma would get up with her and that woman is nearly 80! Hubby and I are making a will next week so that my mom cannot get our child(ren) they're going to my single sister who's gonna be a pharmacist
    That's a good point @jules I'll definitely say that that is part of the reason, but I'll also tell her. Madison was going to spend the night at her grammie's last night but she thought it would hurt my moms feelings. Ugh!
  • That's good! I'm sure she will understand it will be ok.