grinding teeth

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
my daughter has two bottom teeth and just got a top tooth and she grinds them together. i was planning on mentioning it to her pedi at her 9 month check up in two weeks but was just wondering if any one elses kid does this? is it ok? it hurts my mouth just listeing to her do it

Comments

• My 3.5 year old grinds her teeth in her sleep and it drives me crazy!
  • My LO does it all the time. I mentioned it to the pediatrician and she said, ” like any orthodontist would say, ”just ignore it!” There is not much you can do about it.”
  • My son is 8 months, he has two bottom teeth and four top teeth, he grinds them lots. When he does I put my finger over his lips and say "shh" or "no" then give him something to chew or distract him.
  • My 5 year old does it to
  • My son did that. Around 8 months also, when he got his bottom and top teeth. I hated it! I just kept telling him 'no no, boo boos' and either give him something to eat or drink. Hes 1 now, and doesnt do it.

I think its just them getting use to having both top and bottom teeth(:
  • My 10 month old has 8 teeth, 4 on top and 4 on the bottom.. He grinds them together all the time, the noise makes me cringe!!!
  • Naliyah just started doing this like 10 mins ago...its driving me crazy!!! It hurts my mouth as she's doing it
  • It's completely normal and actually very common. Most DDS think it's because they are trying to "make"their new teeth fit together. A lot of kids simply grow out of it.