Question about cleaning a car seat

Im wanting to clean my sons car seat, since we have to get him a new one, and use this one for his sister on the way. Is there any way I can clean the foam thing that's behind the cover? It comes out of the carseat. I just don't want to ruin it. Plus it smells like cigarette smoke after I've told my bf 10000000 times DO NOT SMOKE IN THE DAMN CAR!

Comments

• Prob just water and let it air dry
  • Make sure its the one that pops off and just hand wash with soap and water... It maybe better to check the manifacture and see how much a replacement might cost... usually its pretty cheap.
  • @blessedtxmom thanks I'll try that. I always use white vinegar to get smells out, but I don't know if it would make the foam fall apart.
  • Febreeze!! Totally takes smell out if water doesn't.
  • I would try Febreeze for a few days in a row, and also letting it sit outside in the sun and fresh air.
  • @natashalynn @summergirl22 I ended up throwing it in the washer with lots of white vinegar. I HATE the smell of Febreeze..it gives me a headache.
  • Oh and it held up through the wash? Delicate cycle? I guess it's stronger than I thought lol...machine washed, even better ;)
  • I always throw the whole seat in the bathtub, tide boost and dreft soak in hot water, air dry
  • @summergirl22 I put it on heavy wash lol
  • Ooh boy, well even stronger! Lol glad you got that sucker cleaned!